Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep time: 3-4 minutes
Total: 15-16 minutes (including hard boiling the eggs)
6-8 scallions and/or 1 yellow onion, very finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
4-6 tablespoons (60-90 ml) mayonnaise, or aioli if you have it
1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
salt and ground black pepper
mild French mustard, to taste (optional)
1. Hard boil the eggs: put them in a large pan and cover them with cold water. Heat the water. When the water boils, reduce the heat and simmer the eggs for 10 minutes. Stir the eggs twice so they cook evenly.
2. Drain the eggs, run them under cold water (to prevent the yolk from turning greenish), remove the shells, dry the eggs, and chop roughly into large squares.
3. Put the chopped eggs in a large bowl. Add the onions, salt, and pepper and ix well. Add enough mayonnaise to bind the mixture together.
4. Stir in the mustard (if using) and chopped parsley.
5. If you have time, chill the mixture before serving, as is or on toast.