This recipe, from Jenni Fleetwood’s 20 Minute Cookbook, was the first recipe I ever made myself, along with crispy skillet potatoes fried in olive oil. Small pieces of chicken become crisp and fragrant with shallot, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, and parsley. The recipe is perfect for beginning cooks as it includes only 7 ingredients, most of them common, and takes only 6-8 minutes to prepare.
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 3-5 minutes
Yield: Serves 2-4
- 2 skinless chicken breast filets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper
- To garnish: fresh flat leaf parsley
- To serve: lemon wedges\
- Remove the little filet from the back of each breast portion. If the meat still looks fatter than a finger bat it with a rolling pin to make it thinner. Slice meat into thin strips.
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Stir-fry chicken with shallot, garlic and paprika over high heat for 3 mins or until cooked through.
- Add lemon juice and parsley; season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with flat leaf parsley and serve hot with lemon wedges.